Saturday, June 30, 2007

Self Evaluation

REGARDING YOUR OWN PERFORMANCE1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of?
I think I did a good job of using pictures for each assignment.

2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement?
I’m not sure if I made all of the essays long enough. I could have picked more physically challenging activities for my lab project.

3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit?
I hate this question because it’s kind of like a trick question. Of course everyone wants to say A but they don’t want to be conceded. I’m not sure I feel like I didn’t work as hard on this one as I did the last one, but this one was a lot less chapters than the last one. It was also I think easier material to cover. I would like to say low A or a B.

4. How could I perform better in the next unit?
By trying to include references other than the text book.
At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course?
I liked the first online blood pressure lab.
At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course?
Trying to get to the store over and over to use their machine.

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful?
I’m not sure this applies because we don’t really work with the other students.
What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing? Same as above.

What about this unit surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reactions to the course, something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.) I think I was most surprised at how much your blood pressure varies.

1 comment:

Larry Frolich said...

Katie,
Great work. I think you probably realized that your second compendium was a bit short and lacked an index or table of contents. You have a real knack for getting to the essence of the work and do a great job or organizing it all. I think your essay is really insightful and covers all the bases…the trade-offs with working, the demands on women, etc. Thank you, I enjoyed reading it and thanks for all your hard work!
LF